Rough and Tumble, Dirty Birds and Magic Fingers
We've had a crazy week at our house.
Here is a short version for my Five Facts Friday!
1- Last Friday, Landon and Presley were running and playing. Landon ran into the door jam and cut open his chin. He came to me crying and I promptly told him "you're fine-stop crying-toughen up" and then said, "let me see it". Well, he took his hand off of his chin and it was bright white. Yuck. I am not a nurse for a reason, people. I calmly put my hand over the cut and took him to see Scott, who by the way will debate my calmness. Then it finally started to bleed and we had the debate. The one where the wife thinks it for sure needs stitches and the husband thinks he can just get the super glue and take care of it at home. Well this time the wife, me, plead my case and Scott agreed that a facial wound probably should be looked at by a doctor. We loaded him up into the car and headed into Community Care. It did require attention-medical grade super glue. Did we both "win" this time?? Landon was so brave!! He didn't fuss at all. He did pick off all of the glue in about two days time. These pictures were taken from my phone-so they're not the greatest-but they kind of show where and how it looked. Hopefully there won't be too much of a scar. But as his dad said, "Chicks dig scars. You married me didn't you?" ;)
2. Piper also had a head bonk this week leaving her with a lovely yellowish bruise on her forehead. Of course, she is still all smiles!
3. I love seeing my kids play together. I was down in bed sick on Monday and Tuesday so Landon and Presley were left to play/destroy the house. I took a few pictures of them and then realized how DIRTY they were! It's kind of funny-but I did quickly throw them into the tub after seeing these pictures.
4. Speaking of friends and tubs...I love bathing my kids and seeing them fresh from the tub. Presley and Piper are becoming quite the little buddies. Presley is usually a huge help/hinderance and loves to baby Piper. She talks to her in this voice that is 10000 decibels higher than normal humans can hear. But Piper seems to understand....
5. Last of all-magic fingers. The older two girls had their second piano recital on Thursday night. Pacie played "Robots Marching" and "Cops and Robbers". Parker played "Waterfall" and "Canon in D". They both practiced and worked really really hard to memorize both pieces of music. They did amazing! We had a crazy day with dance pictures the two hours right before the recital-so they both had residual make-up on. We were all a little frazzled. Well, mostly me. So I was very proud of them that they could focus and play so well. Mamie and Gramps and Grandma Landon came to listen to them too. Piano is one of those things... It's hard! It's hard to fit in practice, but it's so worth it. This is Parker's third year playing and Pacie's second. I am grateful that they are dedicated and they are both really talented. I am determined to keep those magic fingers playing! Here are a few pictures from their night.
With their teacher, Meggan







0 comments:
Post a Comment