Friday, February 4, 2011

5FF-Vol 3

I was thinking last night about things that I wish I could do, or was better at.  My ponderings often become my writings.  Here they are in no particular order.
1.  Sew.  I would love to be able to whip up cute things on a sewing machine.  My mom and grandma are both really good seamstresses. Somehow when I was younger I had little interest when my mom wanted to teach me.  The only thing I've ever really made is a tooth fairy pillow for Parker.  I know it's a learned skill and maybe I could learn how....if I could find the time.
2.  Photography. I love to take pictures.  Love.  I love looking at pictures. It would be really fun to get a nicer camera and start playing around more.  That being said, I love documenting my kid's lives through photos and hope that they will appreciate it when they are older.  Regardless of the quality, they should be impressed with the sheer quantity! (Also, my camera is currently missing.  I couldn't find it last night when Scott and Parker were on their way to their first ever Daddy-Daughter Date.  I am in slight panic mode.....)  Presley is interested in photography too.  Here is one of her latest self portraits....(rocking the 80's unitard as well....)

3.  Be Organized.  I truly think being super organized is a talent.  Having a place for everything and knowing where everything is at all times...(see #2 about misplaced camera).  I do have a system-and although it works for me most of the time-I would just love to be more orderly.  Clothes, shoes, papers, preschool odds and ends...it's a lot to keep track of.  Any tried and true tips for downsizing and then keeping things orderly?
4. Be a runner.  I'll be honest.  I love to go the gym.  Yes, I begrudge that I have to go at 5 am. There is simply no other time to go.  And yes, there are days I want to sleep in.  But once I'm there I love to work out. Mostly.  I would love to be a runner and do at least a half marathon someday.  It is on my bucket list.  I am sure with the proper training, I could.....
5. I play the piano-barely.  I would love to develop that talent further so I could actually play and accompany.  I have to say that sitting with the girls during their practice times has helped my playing as well.  Again-it's something that I'm sure if I dedicated more time to it, I would be better at it!

I know this is a number six-but I would love to be more charitable as well. Doing more for others.  Be more mindful of the needs of others and not be so focused on myself....

So there is my 5FF.  Now I am going to get my girls on the bus and enjoy my day off from preschool!  Maybe I'll go play the piano, or organize Piper's baby clothes...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

jill where do you find the time to do everything!! You continue to amaze me. Although it's great to want to do other things I already think you are Uber talented!!! Love beckx p.s. you have the most beautiful singing voice. Your girls would be lucky to inherit that!

Julie said...

I love your list! So much of my time is spent taking care of the kids. I wonder sometimes what else I would be doing or could do if I had more time!

Claire said...

Stop trying to inspire me to be better at lots of things. Rude.