Monday, August 3, 2009

Presley is TWO!!


It's hard to believe our baby is two. The time has flown by.


Presley had her birthday on a Sunday-so it was pretty low key. Just our little family.
After church and dinner at a friend's baby blessing, she took a late nap. While she slept, I made and decorated her cake. She got to choose between a flower and a butterfly. She emphatically chose the butterfly, which I thought was really cute.
Landon couldn't wait any longer for her to wake up so he went and woke her. She was so mad right at first she wanted nothing to do with her presents. Scott thinks it was because we had wrapped everything in camo wrapping paper. (It's all we had on hand) she finally warmed up and loved her new tinkerbell panties, her baby with snap on clothes, her ABC book and a new outfit.
We then lit the candles and sang to her. She seemed a little more nervous than excited, which surprised me. She was aprehensive to blow out the candles-but did give it a good try. She got one on her own and then Scott/Pacie/Landon helped her with the second.










My favorite things about Presley at this age are:
The way that you always walk with a purpose-almost like you are marching.
Your obsession with clothes-especially dresses.
Your dislike to wearing shoes. You like to pick them out, but then will not keep them on your feet. You go barefoot everywhere-even outside on the rocks and through the weeds etc. You've got some tough little feet.
Your words. You talk quite a bit and say things really cute.
You love babies and blankets. Probably your two favorite things.
You love to eat hot things-salsa and onions just to name a couple.
You love your brother and sisters. You are always wanting to play with them.
You are trying to potty train yourself. This should be a good thing, but I don't know that I'm quite ready for it!
You love to dance!!
You are a good cuddler and always give hugs and kisses.
You are just a sweet girl and we are so thankful that you are in our family.

We love you Presley!! Hope your birthday was wonderful.

6 comments:

Derek and Christi said...

She's trying to potty trian herself? We definately need to get her and Evelyn together.

Ev did go poo on the potty the other day so she's on the right track. Maybe all she needs now is a little moral support and then she'll jump on the bandwagon.

Emily said...

That is so sweet I loved the little things that you wrote about her they are so cute! Her cake was SO adorable i would never be able to make something that cute! I hope she had a happy birthday! Love ya
Em

Rebekah said...

happy birthday to Presley...you are so good at making cakes! ...and I heard its time to wish you a happy birthday too, so Happy Birthday!!! Im so mad that I couldn't meet you for a pop...but I hope you had a great day!
love you,
Rebekah

Audra said...

Your birthday cakes are so cute! I can't believe her and Kate are two already!

Jennifer Payne said...

The birthday cake was amazing! It looked like Presley had the best day! You made it so special - such a good mom. Love you!

Kara said...

Jill, don't do that. Don't post creative pictures to make others feel less than adequate. Homemade cakes are the nicest things mothers can do. Guess that makes me not nice. And how come Presley and Bergin look decades older than Larcen. What's your secret? She's probably speaking in foreign languages, too. Geesh! Happy birthday, Presley.