Monday, August 10, 2009

Birthday Extravaganzas!

The first week of August is always fun. We have three birthdays in as many days. Presley's is the 2nd, mine the 4th and Scott's the 5th. When Scott and I first met, that was one of the fun things we discovered we have in common.


On my birthday-I took Landon and Parker to a playdate and then went and met my sweet aunt Nancy and my cousin Jess (who I NEVER get to see) at Sonic for a birthday drink. It was so fun! And what's better than a pop run in the morning??
Scott came home and surprised me with gifts-all of which I loved. I still think the over the door shoe organizer is more for him than me-but I know I will love it and take full advantage of it. My favorite gift was a new Willow Tree figure. It's a mother with two children. Truly, there is nothing I love more than being a mom. We got ready and then as a family went to dinner at the Olive Garden where I was also treated to a birthday cake and song. (Thanks, Lish!!) It was a great day.


For Scott's birthday-the kids and I went to get him his gifts which included a new Wii game, (MX vs. ATV Untamed) a couple of new pairs of dress pants, some socks...nothing very exciting, but needed. He played the game most of the afternoon while I made his cake and then he and I met Matt and Ashlee at our favorite little place: The Snake Bite! We had fun-as always when we're with those two!
Came home and lit all 38 candles for Scottie to blow out. (The dancing pic is my fave of the bunch.)



It was a great couple of days! Thanks for all of the well wishes. We appreciate our family and friends and feel very blessed.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Jill that is so fun that you guys have birthdays so close, an expensive month though! LOL I love the cake you do such a good job! I hope you guys had happy birthdays! Love you!
Emily

Audra said...

Such a fun birthday week! I love your hat by the way!

Nancy J said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! How fun to have them so close together.

Jennifer Payne said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a fun week of birthdays. They are so special and you really do feel "different" on your birthday! I am so jealous I couldn't meet for the morning drink, but lets please get together before school starts!
Love you!

Rebekah said...

what a fun week of birthdays! I was real sad that i couldn't go get a birthday pop for you...but Happy Birthday!
love you,
Rebekah

Broadbent Family said...

Happy birthday Scott, Presley, and Jill! I didn't know that you guys were all so close in birthdays! I want to see pictures from your birthday Jill!! That cake of scotts looks so juicy! I'm just craving it now! That is so fun that you got to go to Lagoon. Are you guys coming this next weekend for the reunion? I hope so--I miss you guys!! LOVE YOU.