I wanted to post our 4th of July pictures tonight. But frankly, I am too tired. So I will do this shorter one tonight and then do our marathon 4th in a couple of days.
The night before the 4th we were fortunate to have a family reunion with my Grandma Andrus' family. Her maiden name was Micklesen and her mother's maiden name was Willmore. It was a Willmore reunion. There were many new faces that I got to meet and a few not so new faces.
My grandma's brother is Elder Lynn Micklesen of the quorum of the 70. One of his daughers married Elder Richard G. Scott's son. It is the second time we were fortunate enough to attend the same reunion and to literally be taught at the feet of an apostle. I was so impressed with Parker. My uncle Lynn said that Elder Scott was going to speak and politely excused any children who wanted to go and play. Most of the kids gladly took off. However, little Parker decided that she wanted to stay and listen. She was so cute about being there and just listening intently. It was a wonderful night and a fun time to catch up with some of my cousins that I just don't get to see too often. Here are a few of our pics from the night. We had a wonderful time.
Here is Parker with Elder Scott. What an experience to meet an apostle!!
My mom with her aunt, Sister Jeanine Micklesen. This is a woman who has devoted most of her married years to serving with her sweet husband. She is such a fine example to me and all those around her. Two wonderful ladies who are both wonderful women to emulate.

My cute grandpa with my neice Bergin.




5 comments:
Wow! That is so neat to get to meet Elder Scott. It took me a second to recognize him in your pictures. He isn't wearing a suit! Is that legal? Kidding. Very cool.
That was seriously so incredible to be in the same room with Elder Scott. Who can just say they have been at the same reunion as an Apostle. So neat! The pictures turned out so cute. I am glad you guys were there:) Love you!
How neat to be taught by an apostle! His last conference talk was amazing! He has been through a lot of personal tragedy - two children dying close together and his wife. What an inspiration! Sounds like a great 4th of July!
That is so amazing that Elder Scott was there! It sounded like it was a fun reunion... I wish we could have been there! Your family picture with Elder Scott is just PRICELESS! And the one of Parker with him is just adorable- she will never forget it! That is so cute that she wanted to stay and listen! Of course she did- Your family is so incredible- We love you guys!
So cool Jill. It took me a minute to recognize Elder Scott as well. Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment