
For part of Parker's 8th birthday request, she wanted to go roller skating. Her birthday was on a Tuesday-not the most celebratory day of the week. We did go to dinner that night and open some presents, but on Saturday, we met at Starlite Skating with our good friends the Hunsakers.
Starlite has been around since probably the 70's here in Idaho Falls. I have vivid memories of that blue floor, and psychedelic carpeting that is still in place. We weren't sure how the kids would do, seeing as they've never skated before. We weren't even sure that we were going to rent skates for Presley, but then decided to just to see how she did.
Turns out- Presley was the absolute Skating Queen! The first couple of times around the rink she held onto the bar and after that, she just went around-no assistance required thank you very much.


Landon on the other hand was like a living cartoon. He could not keep his feet underneath him. One of us had to hang onto him for life and limb. Once Scott tightened up his skates a bit-things were a bit better. But it was really really funny to watch him.
Pacie and Parker both did great. Pacie was a bit more timid but soon let go of the railing and was on her way helping her friend Brittany gather her courage to let go too. Parker didn't even bother with the railing and just took off on her own.
We will be going again I am sure-especially to tap into Presley's apparent skating talents!







5 comments:
That looks so fun! I used to roller skate and ice skate all the time growing up! I've taken my kids ice skating but not to the roller rink - I need to!! Go Presley, BTW!!
I have probably not been skating in like 15 year! It looked so fun! Parker is so darling and it was so cute that you all went together! Also, her baptism was so special! I left you a comment about it but for some reason it didn't show up! She is such a sweetheart and you are an amazing mom! Love you!
Oh my gosh that looked like so much fun! Starlite skating is so funny it really hasnt changed haha! I cant believe that Presley did so well that is awesome for how little she is! Your family is too cute your always doing the funnest things your such a great mom!
Love you
Emily
We have to go sometime. I still can't believe how well Presley did. Sometime we'll just have to plan it and make it happen.
You look great, Jill. But where were your huge legwarmers for over your boots? It's the height of skating fashion....
Post a Comment