I know I'm doing things a little out of order-but I'm trying to get everything in so that when I do the next blog book/scrapbook, everything is included that I want to remember. And with the way my memory is going, if I don't write about it now....I won't remember what we did.
Parker's birthday was on a Tuesday-not so great on a school + dance day. But, despite that, we still tried to make it as happy as possible.
Her morning birthday request was Swedish Pancakes-what most people call Crepes.

She got a really cute outfit from G&G Taft and she wore her new shirt to school. It's still a little cold for the capri's that were included....
Scott wanted to get her something really special since it is her 8th b-day. He went and got her roses and balloons and took them to school when we took her birthday treats to her class. She was so excited and I'm not joking, they were the prettiest, longest lasting roses I've had in the house for a while!!

We let her miss the last hour of dance and let her choose where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner. Her criteria was "somewhere where I will get a free dessert". Red Robin it was. There was actually a giant red robin walking around the restaurant which Presley would have NOTHING to do with. She didn't care for him at all. The other kids thought it was great!
She thoroughly enjoyed her free ice cream dessert-as you can see. It really was the cherry on top! 
We raced home and had Mamie & Gramps and Matt & Ashley over for presents and cake and ice cream. Parker was thrilled with her presents and her requests from us was a Selena Gomez barbie that has hypercolor clothing. It changes with warm/cold water. I was glad that even though she seems to be entering that "tween" stage all too quickly, that she still wanted a barbie doll. Matt & Ashley got her a super cute outfit and Mamie and Gramps got her a new church outfit, complete with new shoes. Parker got to go shopping all by herself with Mamie and had so much fun trying on a ton of dresses.

The other HIT of the night was days of the week socks. If I would've known how much she (and Pacie) both liked them, I would've bought them AGES ago! It makes me laugh that she likes them so much.

Her requested cake was a flower cake that was "purple and blue". So despite the colored tongues...and teeth in all of the present pictures, I'm glad that I was able to make our little 8 year old girl happy!!
She was intent on making these silly faces all night....so I'm putting one on here-just to show her that I will!!






3 comments:
that looked like the most special birthday--i kinda hope my birthday is very similar to hers! I love going to Red Robin for your birthday, the free dessert is such a bonus! and that cake looked amazing! how fun of you to make it so special, of course!
love you,
Rebekah
It looks like Parker had a great day, with lots of fun things to do (and eat). Makes me feel bad that I just took Hannah to Tesco for her birthday. Even though that's what she wanted... hehehe
Ok I actually thought that Parker was wearing that outfit. I love all the crazy faces that she makes in every picture. Of course your cake is awesome!
Post a Comment