Friday, April 3, 2009

Pacie's new look.


Yes, you see right. Our little Pacie has glasses.

At school a couple of weeks ago, she brought home a paper that said her vision was "outside the normal range and needs to be seen by an optometrist."

So, on Tuesday we took her to the eye doctor. We found out that she is near sighted, having issues seeing things further away than arms length! Her prescription is already stronger than mine is....mine aren't that bad-but bad enough that if I'm watching tv without them, it is really annoying and quite blurry. I feel bad that she has been missing out on seeing things and we didn't know until now! But I am glad that the school screened her and we were able to get her in and get her outfitted.

We think she's darling. And she picked some that are not too unlike my glasses-hers are just pink, of course.

12 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

I am near-sighted too! She looks so cute in her glasses though. I wouldn't wear mine because I looked so gross:)! But, I would have if I looked as cute as Pacie does in hers.
Oh we are moving the first of June!!

Mugs said...

Cute Easter Layout! And cute, cute Pacie. She looks sharp!

Michelle said...

I wish there had been cute glasses like that when I had to get them in 1st grade! Mine were HUGE and uncomfortable and UGLY! She looks adorable.

Rebekah said...

she looks really cute in her glasses...and im so glad the school screened her for it, it will make such a difference. That is really cute that she picked out glasses like yours:)

Jen Gillespie said...

Adorable! She looks awesome. What a sweetie.

jessica said...

Jill! I totally feel for her! I had to get glasses in first grade also and I still remember going to the glasses store and getting my first pair. The difference between her and me? SHE LOOKS DARLING!! Seriously, you hardly even notice them- they style and everything fits her so perfectly. Oh, and I loved hearing about your spring break... of course it was all about your darling family being together! Love you!

Rebecca said...

aaaw! she is a very cute glasses wearer! Just a mini me of her mummy! so cute xx happy easter!

The Kraus House said...

She is even cuter if that is possible! I will be callin, things are good.
luv nat

Devri said...

What a doll! i love the new look! I think Cooper might even be a little jealous, he has been asking when he gets some glasses of his own!! She is adorable

Kara said...

I wish our school would screen for vision. I might have realized Truman needed glasses sooner. It's great you caught it early, so she won't have the frustration that he did. She is an exact replica of you I must say.

Krystal said...

Jill- she looks so CUTE! I am so glad that they screened her- she will enjoy everything so much more now! And those are the cutest little glasses I've ever seen! I love Pacie- tell her that I love her new glasses and that she looks so cute with them! I am going to miss you guys so much!!! We leave tomorrow... so I'll drop that book by today :) LOVE YOU

Courtney said...

Jill - is that you? Holy cow - you have a mini me! I think she looks too cute in glasses!