My cute kids, Easter 2009
Ever heard the Britney Spears song Circus? That's what I feel like my life is like these days. Honestly. I never slow down-always on the go, never caught up...but that's a post for another day. This circus like activity is why my post on Easter weekend is so late.
Then the next day, Rachel and her girls joined the party! I love this picture. And again, can I just say, Poor Landon!!!




Back to Mamie and Gramps' house for their own egg hunt (where the kids actually got to pick up more than one egg- or zero eggs in some cases...) and a fishing pond to score their prizes. Everyone had a blast and loved their prizes. Thanks, Mamie and Gramps for making it so much fun for the kids.







The girls woke up super early to see their spoils. Such tired faces. And I'm not sure what's with the modeling pic-Pacie's doing the chicken dance or something!





Ever heard the Britney Spears song Circus? That's what I feel like my life is like these days. Honestly. I never slow down-always on the go, never caught up...but that's a post for another day. This circus like activity is why my post on Easter weekend is so late.
I was SO HAPPY to have Mitch, Sarah and Ari come for Easter weekend. They moved to Vegas last April so that Mitch could start attending UNLV, and start a new job. We got to see them on the 4th of July-and haven't seen them since. We really have missed them. My kids were just so thrilled to see Ari-and she warmed right up to them too. They played and played in our basement, and I was so happy to have them here! The first night, Ari wanted to lay down with Landon. They were so cute. Of course they didn't ever go to sleep and it was a lot more giggling than resting. But they started right where they left off.
Then the next day, Rachel and her girls joined the party! I love this picture. And again, can I just say, Poor Landon!!!
All of the adults were able to get a baby sitter on Thursday night and go out to eat at the Snakebite. Yes, it's our favorite place to eat! It was great to be all together.
The next few days were just the kids playing themselves silly, the guys going golfing, the girls doing a little shopping and basically just having fun.
Saturday morning we went to an egg hunt in Ucon that was great last year! Let's just say the highlight of our morning wasn't finding (or scrapping against other mother's for) eggs, but the slide and teeter totter and merry-go-round at the school.

Back to Mamie and Gramps' house for their own egg hunt (where the kids actually got to pick up more than one egg- or zero eggs in some cases...) and a fishing pond to score their prizes. Everyone had a blast and loved their prizes. Thanks, Mamie and Gramps for making it so much fun for the kids.
No, this marathon post isn't over, just yet. Time for our own Easter morning pics.

We dyed eggs on Saturday afternoon and the kids had a ball as usual. Landon had spilled the blue dye before we even got started...as usual. But it was a hit.




The girls woke up super early to see their spoils. Such tired faces. And I'm not sure what's with the modeling pic-Pacie's doing the chicken dance or something!





Sunday morning, the kids put on their new Easter clothes to remind them that at the resurrection we will all become new again. They all looked so nice.
Really quick funny story: Last father's day the primary made all of the dads and grandpas in the ward a white tie that they decorated with fabric markers. Parker really wanted Scott to wear his on Sunday, but he had already put a different one on. (Well, two actually-I vetoed the first) So we were in the bathroom getting ready and all of the sudden, we see the white tie sliding under our bathroom door just a little at a time. Scott couldn't resist and he wore it for her.












Our Sunday was really nice. Aside from saying goodbye to Mitch, Sarah and Ari. Church was wonderful and I loved teaching my 7 year olds about the true meaning of Easter.
We came home and Scott cooked some steaks that were so good. We just spent time together with our little family and enjoyed each other.
Such fun memories and such a wonderful time to remember why we celebrate. I am so thankful for the knowledge we have of the resurrection of the Savior. I know we will live again someday thanks to Him.

Me and my most loyal friend! Love you, Scott.








5 comments:
Landon doesn't look like he is hurting AT ALL!!! Glad you had a fun week and got to go out with the adults!
It looks like you had a great time with your family! Off the subject, but I often leave your blog up on my computer because you have the greatest music on it...I love it!
That is so fun that you got to see Mitch again. It looked like the kids all had a blast with their cousins! The Easter Dresses were so pretty and you and Scott look so good in your pictures! Love you and can't wait to see you more!
I love his tie... why wasn't it his first consideration?!
Beautiful pics of a beautiful family, Jill. :)
I loved this post Jill! It was so fun to see all of the little cousins together and how much fun they have when they all get to be together! I loved the snakebite pictures because the adults getting out together is so much fun! The easter pictures were darling- the girls look beautiful and the boys look so handsome. Your house looks so pretty- it would be so fun to come and see it the next time I'm home! Love you and I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family and easter!
Post a Comment