Saturday, March 21, 2009

David Archuleta Concert!


Last night Parker, Pacie, Tyler, Ashlee and I all were able to go and see David Archuleta in concert at the Civic here in Idaho Falls. I had gotten tickets months ago during a pre-sale. I knew Ty and Ash liked him too, so I called Tyler and he surprised Ashlee with tickets for her (Monday) birthday. When tickets went on sale to the the public, they sold out in 4 minutes! We were glad we got ours early!

The girls were so excited to go! Especially Parker who has had a little crush on David since his early American Idol days.



We headed over the Civic and snaked into the front of the seriously long line-to end up being able to get our choice of seats. We decided on the balcony and were on the 3rd row. Terrific seats! No one was standing in front of us and the little girls could see everything.



My only regret is not having Pacie take a nap during the day yesterday. They played outside most of the day and by about 8:30, half an hour before David started singing, she was done for. I kept trying to wake her up...we made silly faces, we stood up and down...but it was no use. Three songs into David's singing-she was out. Not to be woken up again until he sang "Crush" right at the end and I physically lifted her out of her chair. I may as well have tucked a $20 bill into bed.






Parker on the other hand, I've never seen prouder! She was singing, clapping, dancing-just had so much fun and it was so much fun seeing her enjoy herself. (I love how her cheeks are a little flushed in this picture-you could tell she was just so so proud!)

David was such a good performer. His voice really is amazing. He did most of his current CD as well as a few of his favorite songs and a few new ones that he's written that haven't yet been released. We all just had a great time together and I'm so glad we could all go.

7 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Oh how fun! I can't even believe you got to go that concert. I love him. You guys look like you had a blast! It will be so fun to finally live close! Love you!

Parks Pack said...

that is so cool that you got see DAVID ARCHULETA!!! AAAAAH. big fan. oh by the way im back into blogging. love ya



Carter

Leanne said...

How fun! thanks for the post on my family proc. It was fun... We are going to Idaho in July. Would love to see you.. and take pictures of your family... but I don't think I can beat that blue wall... I love those!
but, my mom is doing a 5K race on July 4th at her house at 8:00. You should come race with us! (there is more info on the mickelsen blog (its private)... if you want an invite, let me know)

Christy said...

you girls are SO lucky. we love David too. i bet you had a great time !

Claire said...

So - I don't know this wee guy, but he's cute. So that's worth the ticket in my book..;)

Your girls are so cute. And you're looking hot!!!

Jen Gillespie said...

That is awesome! So jealous. Poor Pacie...if she only knew what she was sleeping through! Thanks for the comment on Jill. I bet you love having a helper, but I bet you are in shock. Baptism day will be right around the corner huh?

Julie said...

What a great mom! I felt bad for Pacie, but Parker looks like she had the time of her life! I can't wait to hear the new stuff he's been working on.