As it is St. Patrick's Day today-I decided to list a few reasons why I am LUCKY!
(And catch up a bit in the process.)
1. The leprechauns found our house again this year!


Even though we woke up super late and Scott had to take the kids to school because if the leprechauns were going to come, it meant that the girls would miss the bus-they came anyway! They turned our pancakes and milk green when we weren't looking! My kids love this tradition and even wanted to set traps for the little guys in green last night. Sadly, I made them clean their room instead, so none were caught green handed. Maybe next year.
2. My kids are funny. These Mr. Potato head earrings provide hours of entertainment for all. Though I do hope I never see Landon in them again-I'm sure Scott will agree with me.

3.. My canvas print of our family picture is finally finished and I was able to hang up our new pics last night. I LOVE the way it looks, just like I had pictured in my head.
4. My son is interested in photography. (And most other things really-but I especially liked this self portrait out of the 20 pictures he took this morning.)
5. Parker's dance studio is amazing!!! At our most recent competition this weekend, Parker's team took a 1st for Kung-Fu, and a 2nd for Jump-Up. The Utah competition is a little more steep than in Idaho-so it was fun to see where we fit in. The most exciting thing is that our advanced Hip Hop group won the overall award for the day and has been invited to dance with "The Odessy" in Salt Lake City. It's a HUGE honor! I am happy and proud to be part of such an amazing studio where integrity and modesty are still important.
6. I have amazing parents.
They paid for a hotel in Ogden so that we could all stay together before Parker's competition. We stayed the night with my Grandma and Grandpa Andrus and had such a fun time. (My grandpa's eggs are to die for, by the way. And no one is sweeter than my grandma.)
7. I have an amazing family. We went to The Pizza Factory the night before the competition and just had fun. Matt and Ashley were there-and they are always fun to have around.





8. The kids were able to swim at the hotel-which reminded me again why I need them in swimming lessons.

Scott's sister Debbie took the youngest two so I could have time with the older girls. She is such a great sister-in-law! Did I mention I had an amazing family?
9. My kids have such fun cousins. First we got to see Haley, Peyton, Saylor and Paisley at dinner for Grandma Taft's birthday. Then, they got to see Kylie and Casey (who helped take care of them while at Debbie's and at Disney on Ice!) And then they got to see Niamh, Ryan, and Bergin at the hotel and competition. I'm glad that they can be close to their cousins and that they have a bunch of them. (I was terrible about taking pics this weekend too-so sorry there aren't more to document all of the family.)
10. No one is more fun than my sister, who is also my best friend.
This is Rachel at the restaurant listening to the end of the Aggie's game over the phone. She and Danny are season ticket holders and never miss a home game. I loved her reaction when they won at the buzzer. So Rachel.

Yes, I am very LUCKY indeed! Happy St. Patty's day to all!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
10 4 T- Why I am LUCKY!
Posted by Jill at 11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Your blog is so cute. I love looking at all your pics. I need to take my camera out more often...
You have a beautiful family - including your extended family!
You really are lucky, it looks like a fun trip to utah, and a great st pattys day, but i have to say my favorite pic is the one of your family pictures!!! i am jealous! i love the whole look, and the pics are great too! we want to see you guys soon! i know it may not be possible though...i'll call soon, i am in need of some MK merchandise!!
Oh my gosh I LOVE Rachel! This is why she will always be one of my friends, she is such a happy and fun person. And I can't believe how long her hair is! You have a great family!
Weekends with family are THE BEST! I'm glad you guys had fun! The canvas looks amazing on your wall! Yay!
Jill, that was the funnest post!! That tradition with the little green men is so cute! (Notice how I got myself out of having to spell the name) I loved all of your pictures and the reasons why you are so lucky... you really are!! Your family has always been so special to me and your kids are just darling. Love you so much!! (I LOVED the pictures of Rach- yes, so her, and I absolutely love it...it makes me miss her so much!)
That was such a cute idea for a post! I wish I had seen it yesterday... I would have done one too! :) I really would love to help you make bows sometimw when your life slows down! I even have a craft room we could work in... and you could bring any of your kids and they could play or watch a movie while I show you how to make some bows. Just leave me a comment when it is a good time for you and we can plan something! :)
you are such a fun mom! I was bad, I don't think my kids even knew it was St. Patty's day! (they aren't in school this week... I usually leave those type of holidays up to the school!)
And I love your pictures on the wall, you did a great job of arranging them!
Pizza Factory? YUM!
... I didn't realize that I sound just like a pregnant woman. Oh well. I miss Pizza Factory!
You are so lucky (blessed) indeed. I laughed so hard at the morning faces (why are they so cute)? Your wall turned out amazing. Can you believe that entire wall is all from YOU AND SCOTT!! Quite a pack you have. Rachel is so fun and your mom and dad -- so fun. Tell your mom she looks absolutely beautiful. You really have the world and I love you, Jill!
K - first - if I haven't told you yet - I have meant to tell you - LOVE YOUR FAMILY PIC! And love that you made into a canvas. I love that look. Also - can't believe how much Matt looks like Brad. Crazy - haven't seen him in forever! Such a cute family - all the way around. ;)
Post a Comment