Time to blog " the trip!" Rachel, Bergin, my mom and I all got to go to San Francisco for week! Mom called us on Friday and asked if we would be able to get away for a week for our upcoming birthdays. I asked her when and she said, SUNDAY! So, in a day and a half, I talked to Scott who graciously said that he would stay home with the kids so that I could go and play. (Thanks to those who helped watch our kids so that Scott could work!) We got things put together and left Sunday afternoon about 5:00. We stayed in Reno, NV the first night which is about an 8-9 hour drive. The next morning, we were up and off to SFO, which is about 3 hours from Reno. What a beautiful place! Neither of us girls had been there before, but it is one of my parent's favorite places to go...and now I see why! It is so beautiful. The weather was a lot colder than we expected it to be...the high only reaching about 63 the entire time we were there. (So excuse the same clothes in practically every picture-we each only packed one pair of capris and one sweatshirt..) We had an amazing time. Shopping and seeing the sights and just being together. It is our first real "girls only" trip. While we had such a wonderful time, I did miss my kids (a little) and Scott ( a lot) and now I can't wait to take him back to San Fran to show him the city I literally fell in love with! Thank you so much, mom, for such an amazing trip. We had so much fun. And thanks again to our families for being generous enough to let us go and get away. I came back a changed person. Saturday, July 26, 2008
"I Left My Heart in San Francisco"
Time to blog " the trip!" Rachel, Bergin, my mom and I all got to go to San Francisco for week! Mom called us on Friday and asked if we would be able to get away for a week for our upcoming birthdays. I asked her when and she said, SUNDAY! So, in a day and a half, I talked to Scott who graciously said that he would stay home with the kids so that I could go and play. (Thanks to those who helped watch our kids so that Scott could work!) We got things put together and left Sunday afternoon about 5:00. We stayed in Reno, NV the first night which is about an 8-9 hour drive. The next morning, we were up and off to SFO, which is about 3 hours from Reno. What a beautiful place! Neither of us girls had been there before, but it is one of my parent's favorite places to go...and now I see why! It is so beautiful. The weather was a lot colder than we expected it to be...the high only reaching about 63 the entire time we were there. (So excuse the same clothes in practically every picture-we each only packed one pair of capris and one sweatshirt..) We had an amazing time. Shopping and seeing the sights and just being together. It is our first real "girls only" trip. While we had such a wonderful time, I did miss my kids (a little) and Scott ( a lot) and now I can't wait to take him back to San Fran to show him the city I literally fell in love with! Thank you so much, mom, for such an amazing trip. We had so much fun. And thanks again to our families for being generous enough to let us go and get away. I came back a changed person. Posted by Jill at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I bet you had a blast.
I am very slightly envious.
You should go back with Scott for your anniversary, minus the kids of course!
i just finished looking through all your pics. looks like " the girls trip " was a success ! so glad you had fun and got a chance to get away from the every day. it's amazing what just a few days can do for you.
Ahhhhhhh....I am SOOOOOO happy you got to have that trip with your mom & Rachel. Priceless. And I can't believe you hadn't been to San Francisco before!!! It's definitely one of my favorite cities. Love love love it. You will totally have to go back w/ Scott and I'll give you some restaurant suggestions - because the food there is amazing. Can't wait to hear all the details when I call you for your birthday.
Just catching up on your blog! I'm so jealous that you got to do that with Rachel and your mom. I would love to go on a girl's only trip -- but it has yet to happen! We always count women's conference as our time together, but it's honestly not as fun as going shopping/sightseeing! You all look really good. Tell Rachel hi for me!
Post a Comment