Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ahhh, Summertime.

If you are like us, summer is going by way too quickly. I love summer-always have! And yes, it is going by way too quickly! I just wanted to post a few pictures of our activities the past few weeks. We've been having an amazing time. Still a few weeks left-we're going to try to live it up to the fullest so that before "life" starts again, we've made lots of memories!


Boating with the Nulph's.
Our kids hadn't been on a boat before so we weren't sure what to expect. (Parker asked me if it was the kind of boat that is big and white and has games on it-a cruise ship! Not quite yet!) They all LOVED it! They got to ride on the tube and just had a ball! Pacie's teeth were "shaking" a bit...but we all had fun! Thanks again Tyler and Devri!

We had visitors from England come and stay with us for a week. Scott was able to baptize a golden lady named Doreen. In September, we went back to England to be a part of her wedding to Don. They came and visited in April and decided to come back again to visit Yellowstone. We were their tour guides! We stayed at our little cabin for a couple of nights and saw the sights of Yellowstone. We had a great time! Cooking hot dogs and S'mores was probably the highlight for the kids! Presley had her first marshmallow-which obviously she loved!

We saw Old Faithful, lots of animals, and went into Mammoth, which was a new part of the park for me. It was a beautiful day and I'm glad we had visitors or we probably wouldn't have gone this summer. The girls found giant dandilions to blow- We also visited the paint pots, which is basically boiling mud. Even the ground was super hot! And my favorite part of the day, was the the English pronounce "geyser" like "geezer", so all day long, Don, who is super funny anyway was making jokes about "the old geezer at the geyser (pronounced geezer).

Randomness- Presley lookin good! Watching the Hannah Montana 3-D concert with the Sweet's kids, Rilee and Brody, what we look like to our kids, the budding photographers, and a toy built for two! Landon is so good to share with Presley!



And FINALLY! It's official! Presley is walking!! Just in time for her first birthday too! Starting off by the couch, she takes off, a short pit stop squat and then, she did it! Yea! How cute is she?

8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh she's walking! So bittersweet.

Now you'll have to have another!

Parks Pack said...

Of course she's walking! Your kids are such flyers. She looks REAL proud, too. Watch out. Now Landon will have competition with getting into things. Its unbelievable when they start to walk. You really have done so many fun things! I laughed so hard at "geezer". That is hilarious. You are so gracious to have them come stay again and make it the world. I'm excited to hear about your basement, too. Keep me posted on the progress. LOVE YOu

Audra said...

Your kids are so grown up! And Presley's walking! Yay! Kate has just started too! It think it is such a fun stage for them!

jessica said...

Jill!! Those pictures are so incredibly darling! I seriously loved every one of them. It was a perfect summary of those fun summer days. Your kids are darling and I can't believe Presley! 1-that she's already walking 2-that she's already old enough and 3-how ADORABLE she is!! Love you so much Jill!

Courtney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!!!!!!

I can't believe Presley is walking!!!! They grow up way too fast - huh? What a fun summer. I'm so jealous you guys get to go boating. That's the one thing I'm sad we didn't do while I was in Idaho. Not that it was warm enough...in JUNE! UGH. Seeing your pics makes me super sad we don't live closer -- oh the fun we would have together. LOVE you!

Emily Andrus said...

It looks like you've been having tons of fun. I didn't know you guys went to San Fran. What a fun trip with just the girls! Cute pictures. Your baby is walking too? Was that the faster year ever??

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Someone beat me, but I thought I would say Happy Birthday. :) I hope you had an awesome day!

Christy said...

cute pics jill ! looks like you guys all had so much fun. i can't believe presley is walking...YEAH !She's getting so big. isn't it crazy how fast time goes by. i have a hard time believing my baby is not so much of a baby anymore ( tear, tear ) miss you guys !!!