Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We have SPIRIT-yes we DO!

Parker and Pacie had spirit week during the last weeks of school.  They were kind of random choices-but we made the best of what we had.


Day One: Sports Day
As we didn't have any Denver Broncos apparel for the girls, (Scott's jerseys were way too big on them) we went with one of Parker's motocross jerseys and Pacie went with one of her Uncle Matt's old gridkid jerseys.  They looked super cute.
Day 2 was Nerd Day.  After we got them dressed, I realized that they could be dressing more for "80's Day"-but like I said, we did the best we could.  Pacie was really hateful with the suspenders and Parker only wore the glasses for a bit.  But at least we got a good laugh out of them before they left.  ( I had to bribe Pacie to wear socks with her sandals.  She was not happy about it.)




Day 3:  PJ Day.  Easy and for some reason the kids love wearing their pajamas to school.  Maybe they feel like it's a little rebellious.

Day 4:  White t-shirt and jeans day.  Both of my girls were insistent that they had to wear jeans.  I convinced them that jean shorts were okay.  

The same day as white t-shirt day, Pacie had her zoo field trip.  Three times to the zoo for me in a weeks time.  It was fun though to be with her and watch her interact with her Kindergarten friends.  I know she will miss them and her teacher, Mr. Byrd.  Watch for the last day of school post to follow soon!  Presley also got to tag along.  We had a great day together.







7 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Way cute. I love the outfits. Nerd day was my fav!

Rebekah said...

How fun! I still remember getting so excited for these days at school:) Your daughters look like they are just best friends!
love, Rebekah

Audra said...

Were those your old glasses? They are stylish! They look cute!

Jessica said...

Your girls are so cute. Are they just a grade apart in school? They remind me of me and Becky when I see pictures of them like that, dressed up together!

Claire said...

I made it over! I've had my beauty sleep, so i was able to enjoy your post better!

Your girls are beautiful. The zoo three times in one week?! I would have found the coffee shop and told the kids to meet me back there in a couple of hours time... hahaha.

That poor tiger takes some hammering, doesn't it? Isn't that classed as animal cruelty? ;)

Krystal said...

I loved SPIRIT week! Those pictures were so cute! It is so darling that they were able to dress up each day together- they are the cutest friends. And you are the cutest mom to capture and share their SPIRIT WEEK with us! Love you!

Derek and Christi said...

Those pictures are so hilarious! The pic of Parker with those big glasses made me laugh so hard! She looks just like my sister did at that age.