Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's OUT for Summer!


The above are my girls best "jump for joy" pictures.  Gotta say, I love them.
I've had that trashy  "School's out" song in my head all day long.  Just because-well today it's true!!

I'm one of those moms who loves to have their kids home.  I like to ditch the schedules and just fly by the seats of our pants all summer long.  I've never been one that it too structured.

The girls both had wonderful years and it did go by really fast.  Pacie really enjoyed Kindergarten and her Oregon Duck loving teacher, Mr. Byrd.   Parker enjoyed her teacher, Mr. Cronin.  I will admit, I was a little nervous for  first year, male teachers-but I also have to say they both met my expectations.  After posting this, I realized that both of my girls are holding their hands in the same kind of nervous awkward way.  I LOVE it!

So here are the girls on the last day with their gifts for their teachers.  (It's a lot harder to shop for males I've found out.  We did Applebees giftcards and M&M's.)  I love the girl's tired faces too.  As you can see the nazi mom  who has to have her kids in bed by 8:30 is slipping by the wayside.

This is a tradition I started last year.  I decided to take their picture in front of their school on the last day of school every year.  So, here are the girls-Kindergarten and 1st grade graduates.  We're going to live up every second of summer that we can because I know that all too soon I will be posting first day of school pictures again.  Good job girls!  We are so proud of your report cards and all of your hard work this year!!!


9 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

I love your background! The jumping pictures are so darling. It looks like a High School Musical pose - I love it. How fun that you are so excited for your kids to be out of school. I am really excited to see you guys more and let the kids play again. They always have had so much fun! I was just thinking too how much I love your profile picture on fb-so pretty! Love you!

Claire said...

Beautiful girls - bet they can't wait to have fun lazy days all summer... Sounds bliss..

AmberLou said...

i love your girls! You captured Parker's jumping picture perfectly! I can't believe another year has passed by... they look so grown up! I would still love to teach you how to make some bows if you have time this summer. All of your kids could come and play at my house if you needed them to. Let me know cuz that would be so much fun! :) (We could make some curly 4th of July firework bows!)

Jen Gillespie said...

Way cute pics! I LOVE their jump for joy poses. You can tell they are both dancers! Here's to a great summer!

Christy said...

lovin' the "jump for joy" outta school pics ! that's exactly how i feel too. WAHOO !!!

Derek and Christi said...

I love that idea so much. Now I need to remember to do that in 3 or 4 years from now.

jessica said...

Oh Jill, this post has to be one of my favorites! Those pictures were SO CUTE in front of their school and with their teachers. The jumping pictures are so much fun and everything you said was just so refreshing to hear how much you love to have your kids home and how you aren't too structured. I'm just around way too many moms that are the opposite. I LOVE that you are like that! It's how our moms were and how we will always be! You are one of the cutest moms I know and your girls are so darling. So fun that you have an Idaho summer to look forward to!! Love you Jill!

Leanne said...

ditto to what everyone has said... love the jumping pics... Maybe i'll have to do that in a few weeks!

Fyfe Family said...

Hi Jill! This is Tara (Bronson) Fyfe. I was just blog stalking and found you through Jess Attwood's blog :). Your family is so cute!! It's fun to see your cute girls.