Tuesday, May 26, 2009

10 4 T- Time to breathe....

I feel like I am finally able to breathe again.  

It has been a very crazy busy few weeks.  Now, preschool is over, dance is finished for a while, and I'm just a stay at home mom for the summer!  Here are a few of the things that have been happening.

1-  I forgot to send Pacie's homework back last week.  We forgot to even do her homework last week.  That's the first time she's missed..so I guess I shouldn't feel too guilty.  Just goes to show how preoccupied I was with everything else.  Sorry, Pace!
2-  Took two groups of preschoolers to the zoo two days in a row.  We had a great time.  Weather was wonderful-thankfully-and we got to end on a really great note.  (While there taught Presley and Landon how to rope giant chickens.)

3- Fed Presley Oreo's for breakfast one rushed morning.  (She didn't seem to mind.)

4-  Went on a field trip with Parker to Bear World.  She had fun with her little friends there.  We saw lots of animals too!  Parker's least favorite was this ancient pot bellied pig.  My favorite were the baby bears.  Just a few weeks old and so stinkin' cute!







5-  Had awards night for the end of the dance year.  I love Infinity.  I know I've said it a thousand times. But I do.  Thanks again, Gretchen for being who you are!



6-  This past weekend we went to Ogden. It's been a while since we had a little family get away and we figured what a better weekend than Memorial day?  We left on Sunday after church.  The main reason we went was to visit Scott's brother's grave.  He died of brain cancer 10 years ago.  He was 32 years old. 
7-  Love road trips..brings out the best in everyone I think.

8-  Ate at Iggy's and loved it.  Their BBQ chicken pizza is the best!
9-  Took the kids swimming Monday morning.  Realized once again, that they really do need swimming lessons.  And soon!




10-  Visited Richard's grave in Huntsville, UT.  It was great to go up there and see his grave and let Scott share a little of his memories of Richard with the girls.  They are finally old enough to appreciate and remember the things he tells them.




And now- it is time to relax a bit.  And breathe!  Summer is going to fly by.  And we're going to enjoy every minute of it! 

12 comments:

Christy said...

it looks like you guys had a great memorial weekend. i wished we could of met up with you. ( maybe next year ? ) great pics of everyone... miss you guys !

Leanne said...

Great entry! Loved all the pics from the oreos to Richards grave... Interesting way to get to know their uncle... but I'm sure you kids will treasure those moments!

Derek and Christi said...

It is so awesome that you can do all of the things you do, and do it well and enjoy it and look fabulous as well. Cute pics. The first one of Parker looks like there is an aligator sneaking up on her. I thought, 'wow, a real piece of the wild!'

Krystal said...

You have been BUSY! Busy being such an amazing mom- doing the funnest things with your kids and always so supportive! While looking so pretty too! I loved the Zoo and Bear World pictures- I bet those baby bears were SO CUTE! And that is so neat that you were able to take that trip to Utah! Your family is so darling and you can tell how much fun you have together! I love it! Miss you.

lishajeanne said...

It seems so strange that I can't even think of when I might see you again. Oh Saturday! I almost forgot. I hope you are enjoying the break though! We should get lunch one day while the girls are at camp!

Audra said...

oreo's and pop! What a lucky girl! I think apple juice and nilla wafers are too much sugar for Kate!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I'm glad things are slowing down a little for you. It feels like they're just speeding up here. We still haven't come to see you and there are still a lot of things going on this week, but I'll get there. I even have guilt cookies for waiting for the end of the month again. ;)
I'm so glad that you would share the oreo breakfast thing. When cute moms like you can get away with things like that it doesn't make me feel so bad when I need to get away with them, too.
We definitely need to do a scrapbook/craft day just for the fun of it if you're up for it.
I'm glad you guys had a good memorial day. Road trips are always a good thing. :)

Rebecca said...

Aah! I was just enjoying this when I did a double take on the bit about feeding the oreos for breakfast!! Ya crack me up-I was thinking your were the perfect mummy!! I feel so much better that it isn't just me, that is how I am every sunday am!! I have never been so late for church since we had baby number 3!! Keep up the good work, you are my ins-pir-a-tion!! Love always beckyxx

jessica said...

That was the funnest post, it was the perfect catch up and shows how busy you have been! I'm so glad that things are ready to slow down and that you have an Idaho summer to look forward to!! I loved every picture- your family is just darling and it's so obvious how CLOSE you are and how much you love eachother. love you!!

Julie said...

Wow, your road trips look wonderful! We don't get the smiling happy faces like you do. I'm glad you had a great trip. It is good to remember our people who have passed on.

Claire said...

I haven't visited people's blogs in ages... I've missed your posts! Your family is so beautiful. And you're one hot mamma! You're looking great!

Have you got your blog put in to book form yet?

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)