Friday, September 12, 2008

Eastern Idaho State Fair-2008


I LOVE the fair. The food, the people, the attractions, the photo section-pretty much all of it. This year turned out to be a little different than usual. We are good friends with the Smith family from Pocatello. They run a food booth at the fair and occasionally need help working it. So for the past three years, Scott and I go and "work" with them at their booth. (Terriyaki/Sweet & Sour bowls, Philly's, and deep fried candy bars, twinkies, oreo's) Anyway, we each work a night alone and then a Friday night together. And then usually we take the kids a different day all together. But this year, my mom and dad offered to watch the kids on the night we worked together and then offered to take them to the fair! We did not argue! So, while we were working, mom and dad got to take the kids to see the animals, eat cotton candy and carmel corn, and just see all that the fair has to offer. Sadly, I did not get to see anything this year! And I really did miss it. Even though I was there 2 nights, I didn't see more than the inside of the Yankee Kan Kook booth. It is always a great time though to be with our friends! Lots of laughs and deep fried chicken. What's better than that?

Thanks, Mamie and Gramps for taking the kids. They had an amazing time!! We love you!


My mom and dad with the kids. Checking out the animals! Looks like petting the horse was a highlight, while being by the pigs...not so much! I love the look on Landon's face!

Oh my sweet darlin'! She is such a joy! I think the one of her just laughing is probably my new favorite of her. How cute is she? And what tastes better than cotton candy? Pure sugar just melted on your tongue! The girls were in heaven!

I love the cow just drinking in the background. No big deal! Just drinking.....

5 comments:

Claire said...

It sounds to me like you got the best deal - being in a tent with lots of edible goodies, while the smelly animals are elsewhere? My kind of fair... :)

Parks Pack said...

I love these pictures. The fair is such a fun memory for me, too and it is so fun to share in it with our kids. That picture of Presley is SO adorable. Who is she? Your little angel for #4. She is so happy. Who wouldn't be with all of these people just adoring her! Such a cute family, Jill. Love you guys!

lishajeanne said...

Gotta love the fair. I admit I missed being on your side of the booth this year. Presley is getting so cute! Love the new glasses by the way!

Higham Family said...

I seriously almost called you from the fair grounds to see if you were around for our Fair Reunion- I too love the fair. Your kiddos are so adorable!

christa said...

Who knew you were such a carnie. . .are those all your own teeth and are you sure Scott isn't really your "brother." heehee. Confessions? I, too, LOVE the fair (post to follow). But I am mostly lovin the pics of Landon and the pig and Presley, clearly, not having any fun. . .so dang cute, I can almost hear her giggling!