Today was the first time I've ever made homemade jam. I know. Shocking. Here's what I was most surprised by.
1- How EASY it is! Seriously-just freezer jam-and it was so simple.
2- How much SUGAR goes into it. No wonder it's so dang good.
They liked to watch it blend-but never liked the end result...."ewww, that looks REALLY GROSS" they would say after each batch was blended.
Add some sugar, some pectin and lemon juice and wait for about 10 minutes....
The end result? 30 pints of freezer jam. How do you like my hodge podge of jars and lids? I'm telling ya, I'm a rookie. But thanks to my Grandma, I had many jars to spare.
So-here's to my year's supply of jam. And here's to hoping my kids like apricot jam, because it's what they'll be eating for a while.




2 comments:
Nice job betty homemaker. Glad you were able to have so much fun doing the jam. I can't believe how many you got. Way more than my raspberry. I will have to taste it next time I'm in town. I love the swimming pics too. So fun. I'm glad you guys were able to go this summer. Hopefully next summer we all can go swimming together.
love ya
Parker looks too old in the last picture I don't like it. She looks so pretty, she is getting too old. Nice job on the jam!
Post a Comment