I've decided to start a new weekly post. I am calling it "Five Facts Friday". My visiting teachers came on Wednesday and we were talking about journaling. I initially started our family blog to share with family members who we don't live close to a little more about what's going on. Now, I think most of those family members don't really even blog or read our blog anymore...but I've kept it going as a scrapbook/journal for our own use and history. My kids love to get on the computer to see if I've posted anything new. My VT's reminded me about the importance of keeping a good record. And I was thinking that I need to be better about recording things that I want my children and grandchildren to know about me and about our family. So-here is my first Five Facts Friday.
1- I love having kids. I love being pregnant, I love labor (sounds crazy-but I also love epidurals) and i love, adore, can't get enough of, babies. I always knew that I wanted a large family, but until you have one child, you don't know what it's going to be like. I was very relieved when Scott said that he also wanted a big family and then we still agreed after our first one, two three...you get the picture. I can honestly say that I probably would have ten kids if I could. I can't-due to age restrictions and finances. But I would be thrilled to add at least one more little one to our ever growing brood. Not now, mind you. But when the time is right. And here's my favorite little baby, Miss Piper. Now who wouldn't love a smile like this??
3- I am addicted to buying childrens books. I have a huge library of books from when I taught school. Every year I add to that library and it just keeps on growing and growing. The upside is that all of my kids love books and love to read. I guess it just saves me trips to the public library!
4- I have a weakness for competition reality t.v. shows. It all started with Survivor. And then I've slowly added in The Biggest Loser, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, and one I've retired... America's Next Top Model. The fun part is that most of them are pretty family friendly so we can all watch together and cheer for our favorites.
5- I am a procrastinator. But-I can also say that I work best under pressure. If I know I have a deadline, I almost always wait until the last minute to get it done. I think it drives Scott crazy. I've always been that way-kind of a "fly by the seat of my pants" type gal. It's part of why I think I'm a good teacher. I can improvise and change my course easily. That's a good thing.
So there it is- 5FF Vol.1
My question...Is anyone out there still reading other than my kids and Scott? Let me know!




12 comments:
you inspire me, love you AND your blog x
Yes - I love your blog and you were a great teacher. I miss seeing you everyday.
I read and I love your new 5FF. Thanks for posting I think you do a fabulous job. I love babies too... which reminds me I drempt last night that I was prego!
I already confessed my stalking at Christmas time :0) This is totally a cute idea.
Well since you asked, i'll admit to being a blog stalker once and a while...lol Your family is so adorable and you make it look WAY to easy. You should have ten with how adorable they are!
Hayley (you may not even remember who i am)
I follow all your updates! Love to see what your cute fam is up to! Lets get together!
MEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Hi Jill,
I love hearing about what's going on with you and your family. Tanner's in 6th grade, and almost as tall as me! In some ways it seems like kindergarten was sooo long ago!
xo,
Trisha
I read your blog and then feel guilty that I don't update mine! I agree with all of your 5 things. I also love kids and always dreamed of having 8-12, I have a million children's books (and my kids all love to read), I hate snow, I always procrastinate and I love competition reality shows too!
I read your blog lots, although I don't comment tons and I am sporadic about it. Fun new addition to your personal history.
I love your blog so much that I have an RSS feed that goes straight into my email. Although my RSS feeds are having issues right now. You posted this a week ago, and I'm just figuring it out today. And I could probably say ditto to everything you listed.
I am...when I am on the computer!
Post a Comment