Monday, March 8, 2010

1st Ever Piano Recital

I had a friend accuse me of not blogging as much as I have in the past. This is true. I have found that I don't take as many pictures as I have in the past and therefore, my blog posts are fewer. Maybe I should start my ten for Tuesdays again....
(However, I should ALSO say that said friend's blog has had the same post since NOVEMBER 2009) I'm waiting to see an update....

The preamble was totally off the subject really, so getting down to the real business of this post, here is the girls first ever piano recital. They both did a super job. They both memorized two pieces and played them almost without flaw.
As much as piano practice pains me, and it does, I know that the payoff with be worthwhile when someday they play in church and accompany others. Something that I only wish I could do. It's one of my "I really wish I would've listened to my mother" moments in life. I wish I wouldn't have quit piano to do jumprope....because let's face it. I don't get asked to jumprope very often in Sacrament Meeting...in fact NEVER.


Good job on a great recital girls! We are very proud of you for developing your many many talents.

7 comments:

Claire said...

gorgeous AND talented?! Must take after their mother... ;0

Jill said...

What, do you think there father is a no good, worthless piece of ?????? Alright they got there looks from there dad and all of the talent from there mom.

Nettie! said...

They look beautiful!

Jill that's funny because I also quit piano and regret it so I have decided my children will not have the option of quitting!!

Audra said...

If you are ever asked to jump rope in church, please invite me! I would love to see it!

Emily Andrus said...

They both look gorgeous and so proud. I had to laugh at your jumprope comment! Not sticking with piano is a huge regret of mine too. (I'm sure you were really popular whenever jumprope for heart rolled around though!) My girls just started too so I'm right there with you. It really is a pain and sometimes I lose my cool trying to help them but it is definitely worth it. :)

the reilly's said...

So proud. They look so cute. They will be happy that they didn't quit like you and me. I have the same "wish I would have listened to my mom" feeling. Danny's dad gave natalie a temple recommend interview and with small talk figured out the connection. funny. And, you are pretty busy with life, to keep up with posts weekly. I think what you do is sufficient, but that is coming from me who does it once a quarter if luck is on my side. Who knows, maybe some day you will get asked to share your jump rope for heart story in sacrament meeting. you never know who may be dying to have a white jump rope with blue handles.

Julie said...

I'm glad you have them in piano. It really does come in handy at church if you can play. They are both super sweet girls!! They will go far in life!