Monday, March 15, 2010

I've been thinking...

I don't know if it's just getting older or if it is my pregnancy, but lately I've been thinking so much about my little family. About Scott and my kids. And about adding another little girl to this already crazy bunch.

I have been thinking about Landon's twin that we lost and how much different our lives would be right now, had that not been a part of "the plan". (Which I totally believe in, by the way.) I know there was a reason we went through what we did at that time-and that I am still learning lessons from it.
I've been thinking about how Scott and I met (now almost ten years ago) and what a blessing he is to me. (For those of you who don't know "Our Story", the short version is...we met on July 7th and were married on October 6th of the same year. We met while I was working at The Outback Steakhouse and he came in for dinner one fateful Friday night. This is after he was all ready to order at another restaurant-but he was prompted to come to the Outback. Oh, and I wasn't even his server. We literally saw each other from across a crowded room....if you want the whole story, send me an e-mail.) I couldn't be happier! He is such a good husband and dad to our kids and is SO supportive of me and my many obligations: Preschool, dance, volunteering at the school, church calling, housework...the list goes on and on.
I've been thinking why I am so blessed to be able to conceive and carry children with little to no trouble. So many women struggle with issues related to pregnancy. And I am thankful that I have it fairly easy in that area.
I've been thinking about whether or not I am doing enough. Am I teaching my kids enough? Am I giving them enough fun memories? Am I strict enough? Patient enough? Spiritual enough? (Most of my answers to those questions are no-simply because I know I can always do more...)
But most of all, I've been thinking about how truly blessed I am. That is the bottom line. I am blessed. And grateful.
And just because, here are a few random pictures from the last few months that didn't make the first cut onto the blog. Just because I've also been thinking that my kids are pretty dang cute. Not to mention my husband. I think he is definitely getting better with age....















8 comments:

Nettie! said...

I think, or should I say know - you're doing great at everything! You're an inspiration!! I can't wait to see your 5th cutie - 4th little princess!!!

Unknown said...

Jill!!!! I miss you! your little bunch are stinking cute and growing like weeds! How are you? Staying busy obviously! call me sometime love ya!

Claire said...

Ok - so my blog post would just ask the question "am I doing anything?"

You do soooo much for your little family. You put me to shame. You're fabulous!!

And Scott is HOT! ;) Hehehe...

Jennifer Payne said...

Your family is just so darling! You are such a good mom.
Love you

the reilly's said...

very very nice. I loved the post and all the pictures. you are a great mom and have a wonderful family!!

The Kraus House said...

I totally know where you are coming from, cause I feel the same way, love ya!

CurtisAdie said...

Loved, loved, loved this post!!

Sara said...

ditto to your feelings... and jill, if there were only more mothers like you out there in the world... i'm in awe of everything that you do- like nettie said, yes you are an inspiration!!

so are you free next friday night for a sara craft night? and then there's spring break where i'll actually have a babysitter so i can sneak away to lunch... i'd also like to go out with our husbands at some point to... are you guys going anywhere for spring break? let's make it happen!!!!!!!