Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Safety First!

Yesterday my dad and my brother, Matt, and Scott finished our basement. We had all of our base trim to do as well as three closets. It took the three of them 8 hours to do about 400 feet of trim. It looks AMAZING. I am so thankful to them for taking their Labor Day for my benefit. I'll have to post pictures of the finished products later once I take some.


The best part of the day was when my dad ascended the stairs wearing this hat.
He was doing the toy/play room and came across our hard hat collection.
Thankfully, there were enough to go around.
And good thing too. Mere seconds after this picture was taken, Matt "sort of accidentally" dropped his tape measure on my dad's head.

Not only that, but my other little man, Landon was so tired out after his long days play, this is how I found him after his bath.

Thanks again to some of my most favorite men. I really appreciate you.
And I dig the hats too.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What great family. We redid all of our baseboards so I know how much work that can be! The hats are great too!

Ashley said...

What an awesome bunch! What would everyone do without all the handy men?

Nettie! said...

Just catching up on your summer posts - very fun and cute! I'm going to put your address on my blogroll if you don't mind!

Claire said...

So funny... Reminds me of my when my dad used to clear out my sister's room. HE went in with a dust mask, rubber gloves and goggles. Seriously - my sister was that disgusting.

Julie said...

That is so great they did all of that in a day. Home projects can be dangerous. It took Brent all of Labor day to put in a couple of faucets!

the reilly's said...

Man, what talented men. You've got the best workin for ya.