Saturday, September 26, 2009

My little patch of heaven....


When Scott and I built our house, we had no idea how much work it would be to get the yard in. Scott has been working a ton in the yard and he (and I do mean he...I haven't done a thing out there!!!) finally has everything pretty much prepped and hopefully we will be planting here shortly. But for now, I have a little patch of heaven in my backyard.


My parents are doing an addition on the back of their house and had to cut away some sod to make room. They graciously offered to come and give it to us. We decided to put it right around our back door-kind of a natural dirt stopper, I hope!

They came and worked to get it ready and had most of it laid in no time. Scott and my dad worked on it the next morning to get it all finished up. I can't believe the difference a little grass makes!! It will be so fun to have a full yard of green grass in the spring. It really is the little things that make a girl happy!

One of my friends commented the other day about how great my parents are. I have to agree-and I'll add my brother Matt to the list. He does so much for us-I'm thankful he's right next door. He is a great uncle and friend to me and to my kids!
So thanks, mom and dad for our little patch of heaven in the backyard! And thanks again for your work in putting it in. Love you!

PS Don't we grow cute flowers around here??

4 comments:

Derek and Christi said...

I totally can relate! Having grass is the best. That is so nice of your parents to give you some. Good luck with the rest of the planting.

Leanne said...

it's amazing what a little bit of green does! Looks great! My backyard has a patch of green as well... but not near the amount left to do... Gotta love these small california yards (not really!)

Nettie! said...

That is great to have at least a patch...we won't have grass until the spring either...

Liza said...

You really do have the best parents! And Presley's bow kills me... I LOVE it!