Yes, that was the comment that I got from Scott the morning of our anniversary. :)
This is a couple of days late, but I feel bad not posting and saying something about my amazing husband on our day. So, here it is, a few days late. (I figure since we're celebrating today-I could post today!) Here is a little of our history-in a nutshell.
Scott and I met at the Outback Steakhouse July 7th, 2000. He came in with his dad and a friend for dinner and I was working there. I was not his server-just working on the same side of the restaurant that he was dining in. Right when I saw him, there was some connection. I kept kind of watching him as I was working on my tables. At that time my sister Rachel and a bunch of our friends were also working with us. I had a parade of girls go by to check him out and get their opinion. His server was also keeping me updated on their progress. Well, when she announced that it was time for the desserts and that they were requesting their check, I had to take action. I know it sounds silly to say that I was prompted to go and talk to him, but I seriously was overcome by something that I needed to go and talk to him....NOW. Being the chicken that I was (I've never been that girl to go up and introduce myself to a guy...) I made my sister go for me! She asked him the important info: Age. 28. Married? No. And then said that there was someone that she wanted to set him up with. He replied that "if it was the girl in the red, I am interested." Well, I was the only lady in red that night. I went and talked to him.
For those of you who may not know, Scott is into Motocross. It is his passion. He's been riding since age seven and racing since age eleven. He was in Idaho Falls for a race the next day. I took my mom with me to go watch him and we made plans to meet at Lagoon the following week.
Well, we talked about getting married July 24th, he officially asked me on August 4th and we were married in the Salt Lake temple on October 6th, 2000. Almost 3 months to the day that we met.
Even though it was super quick-no one was concerned that we were making a huge mistake. I was 25, Scott was 29 and I guess we'd both lived enough to know that when it's right, it's right and there's no use trying to delay or deny it! We both knew that we had finally met "the one".
Now, 8 years and 4 kids later- I can say that I am more in love with Scott than ever. He is such an amazing hands on father. Our kids just adore him. He is a great husband who is always looking for ways to make my life easier. He never assumes that it is my "job" to do things, such as housework. He always does as much around the house (he'll say he does more) than I do.
So, Scott. Just to let you know. Even though you don't believe in Soul Mates...you are mine. I know that we were meant to be together. Things just don't work out like they did for us unless it's right. And I'm thankful that you didn't listen to your dad that fateful July evening and that you left the other restaurant you were at to come to mine so that we could meet. Don't know where I'd be without you-and I'm glad I don't have to think about it.
Love you. Happy 8 years together. I know it's just the beginning of a life yet to be lived.
Lucky, indeed.




12 comments:
That is so sweet and wonderful. I love that I know you a little bit better now. (ps I need to share something with you overwhelmingly similar)
Happy Anniversary ! Such a sweet story and I was so happy to hear Scott was smitten and crazy in love. 8 years and 4 kids later....CRAZY, I know. We love you guys !
I love your story...it is pretty amazing! You guys are both amazing too. Congrats on your anniversary. I am so happy that you are so happy!!!
It's so much fun to hear stories like that. It always gets me thinking about mine, too. You guys are awesome!
What a lovely story. Who knew love could be found and the Outback?
Hope you guys did something wonderful to celebrate.
Jill, that was so fun to read about! Happy Anniversary!! (I didn't realize we were married 2 months apart!) It's so fun that you met in the summer! That feeling is so romantic! You and Scott were, no question, soulmates! You are the cutest couple and I say you BOTH got really lucky! (blessed!) Love you!
Sheesh - I thought Robbie and I were quick at getting hitched and we were nine months!
Hope you did something nice to celebrate?
Crazy, but I remember those two meetings- Outback and Lagoon! Who would have thought we'd eternally be thankful for our jobs at Outback? Happy Anniversary!
Congrats Jill & Scott! Cute story. And I want a bloomin' onion now.
Congrats on 8 years. I can't believe me and Tereck are almost at 9. Time sure flies fast. Wow it doesn't seem like that long ago since we moved into the Fox Hollow Ward and met you guys. Parker was just tiny and you were pregnant with Pacey. Where does the time go.
I never knew your story, and i love it... i love how you two totally checked each other out, what a fun story. Happy Anniversary!
love, Rebekah
We did a trunk-or-treat at the church last year. Shurell and I kinda put it together. I was going to ask if we could do it again this year. I'll find out this week and I'll definitely let you know. If we do it again, I'll make fliers and we'll pass them out during primary.
Post a Comment