I am coming to the realization that sadly, summer is over. I'm not ready for winter yet-so I thought I'd take a second to tell a few reasons why I do love fall.
1. The colors. I know-it's probably a common one. But I do love to watch the trees change colors and one of these years, I want to do family pictures in a great pile of leaves.
2. Sweater season. I like wearing sweaters-strangely enough. I guess because they're cozy.
3. Football. HELLO? I am a football fanatic. Scott's one hope and dream for Landon is that he'll become a great moto-crosser. Mine is that he will love football and want to play.
4. Soup! I love making different kids of soup. And soup goes right along with chilly fall weather. So, if you have any really good recipes you'd like to share, feel free!
5. Halloween. It's so fun-especially now that I am a parent! Our kids are dressing up this year as:
Parker-Cheerleader (She is going to wear my old stuff-we'll see how that goes over!)
Pacie- Ariel (There was no other option this year, I"m afraid!)
Landon- Pirate (He's not really sure about any of it yet so we'll see if he really likes it as much as I think he will!)
Presley- Butterfly (Of course it's a hand-me-down from the girls. Poor thing having 2 older sisters!)
6. The chill in the air. Okay, I love love summer and the heat! But I really hate the winter cold too. I think that the fall weather is a good compromise between the two.
7. Decorations. I love all of the reds, golds, rusts, dark greens, yellows....(Did anyone watch SNL on Saturday? I'm reminding myself of a skit that was on...buttercream yellows, rusts....)
8. Reading. I love to read. (I know, I've mentioned that before) With the weather changing, I find more time (or excuse) to stay inside and curl up with a good read.
9. Scott. I know this sounds crazy, but I don't have to share him with his bike so much in the fall and winter. Call me selfish....
10. Christmas is approaching! I love Christmas. And I guess Fall is the segway there. So I'll quit mourning summer and welcome Fall and try to enjoy each day as much as I can before that wretched snow falls....
Have a great Tuesday!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
10 for Tuesday- Fall Edition
Posted by Jill at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I love Fall too!! My favorite season by far.
Love the pics- the family pics turned out really cute! She did a fab job. The pics of Disney were great- wish I had a few more of the princess pics, next time. The kids are so cute. Your baby is growing up again...
sweet potato and chilli soup.
400g sweet potato
2 garlic cloves
1 chilli
2 onions
1/4 pint milk
chicken stock
boil everything in the chicken stock, then blitz with a hand blender, the add the milk. add more/less chicken stock depending on how think you want it.
Delicious.
Love your top 10. I love fall but the segway seems lost on the anticipation of things to come.
Jill -- I lOVE your tuesday writes (and I love more that they don't always fall on Tuesday!). You are such a good writer . . . I don't have the brain power these days to complete a thought yet alone a sentence. Love your fall sentiments because I share them all . . . O.K. not the one about Scott! :) Love you. My timer is buzzing for my burned chicken and then i'll come back and read your other posts!
http://thetribeofcampbell.blogspot.com/2008/10/yes-more-about-me.html
You've been tagged!
Post a Comment