Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10 For Tuesday-Disney Edition

Okay, so not only was I out of town for a week, but our Internet has been down for two. Makes me appreciate having it at all!

Disneyland was simply amazing. We had such a great time, and yes I will post pictures when I get them downloaded! Haven't had time to do that yet-things have been c-r-a-z-y with preschool and just catching up since we got back. But here is my 10 for Tuesday-Disney Edition.

Favorite Moments
1- The parade! Watching my kids in utter amazement at all of their favorite characters. Yelling and waving along with them like a maniac! And looking over at my sister and coming to the realization that I wasn't the only one crying with joy and gratitude to my parents for providing this amazing trip for us and our little family.

2- Watching Landon see Lightning McQueen in the parade. He was literally shaking and pointing at him and screaming. So so precious. (It really was a full size race car that looked exactly like him with moving eyes and everything!)

3- Tower of Terror with my mom and dad. Laughing so hard with my brothers and sister that I was literally crying. Having Scott squeeze my hand so tightly. Seeing my dad's face on the pictures outside after we exited the ride. My cheeks hurt just thinking about it!! So So So much fun.

4- Lunch at Ariel's Grotto. We got to meet Ariel, Princess Aurora (sleeping beauty), Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle. Talk about the Jackpot! Parker was literally holding her mouth and screaming when Cinderella was introduced. Priceless. Having a husband who was willing to sit through the princess overload for the happiness of his daughters. Scott, you're an amazing dad.

5- Indiana Jones with my two of my brothers, Rachel and Parker. Listening to Rachel squeal and scream and watching Parker by Tyler, not sure whether to be scared or having fun-and feeling my stomach drop as we avoided the giant ball.....Then going on it again and having Parker and Pacie between Scott and I. So fun to see their reactions!

6- Seeing Mickey and Minnie in their darling Halloween costumes! And seeing it decked out in Fall decoration. Unreal. California Adventure was all Candy Corn. Not quite sure I've even seen anything so cute and so creative.

7- Watching my kids with their cousins. They don't live really close-so it was so much fun for them to be able to spend some real quality time together.

8- Watching my mom and dad watch the grand kids in pure heaven. And wanting to be a part of everything with them.

9- The girl's makeovers at Libby Lu's. They got to choose their hairstyle, get make up and nails done, and choose a tiara and banner to wear. They really felt pampered and to watch them "transform" was so fun. A little insight of things to come.

10- The Beach. Yes it was only 65 degrees, and the locals were looking at us like we were crazy to allow our children to be in swimming suits and to be in the Ocean, but there were no complaints and everyone had a great time-blue lips and all.

Really, we had such an amazing time.
The only thing that would've made it better would have been if Mitch, Sarah and Ari could've been there with us. We really missed them!

Thanks again, mom and dad. You made several dreams come true! Love you!

11 comments:

Christy said...

We can't wait to see all your FUN pics. i bet the kids had a blast. I know our kids are DYING to go. hopefully soon :) can't wait to see you guys too !

lishajeanne said...

Soo fun! I don't want to say I am jealous but...ok maybe just a little. Can't wait for the pics.

The Bell Family said...

Jill-Your trip sounded amazing! That was SO nice of your parents! We are moving to L.A. soon and I can't wait to take the boys to Disneyland. Good luck on the potty training. Boys are so hard. A little trick I forgot to mention on my blog...we used mashmallows as a reward. They seemed to do the trick! Anyway, your family is darling, and seriously if you end up doing a pirate party, call me. I have SO much stuff that I will never use again.

Shelly B. said...

Your trip sounds amazing! I'm happy that you had fun!

Parks Pack said...

Sounds so, so magical. These few years where they really believe are so priceless! I can't wait to see pictures of your girls in pure heaven. So fun to bond with siblings, too. So amazing of your mom and dad. Love you, Jill!

Carol said...

Oh Disney, gotta love it.

My in laws took us all to Disney world the year I had Thomas at the grand old age of 5 months.

I SO wish they'd be that generous again because they would adore it right now.

Claire said...

Aww.. I can just imagine their wee faces being so excited to see all the princesses... and Landon seeing the car. Isn't it funny how when they get over excited they just shake!?

Hurry up and get the pictures up.

Tell you folks that they can be generous with us next time if they like. And we don't want to be fobbed off with Disneyland Paris. That just sounds rubbish.

Ashley said...

Ohhh I can't wait to see some pictures! Thats sounds so much fun I can just picture landon seen lightneen mcqueen haha and the girls seeing the princesses I bet the pictures will be so great!

Devri said...

So glad you had such a good time! how could you not in the happiest place on earth! glad the girls loved all the princess fun and landon at least got lightning mcqueen in the midst of all the princesses! I wish i could see it all decked out in halloween decor, i bet it was awesome! can't wait for pics! lets get together soon!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Sounds like it was a total blast!!! :) I'm glad you guys had so much fun and can't wait to hear about it in primary. ;) We'll come see you soon.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I blog surf sometimes and came accross yours a while back and I always feel like a stalker if I dont leave a comment. I am Angie Grobergs sister and I know your mom. I LOVE her BTW. She is amazing. I just couldnt resist telling you how absolutly adorable your little family is. And the preschool that you are doing...WOW! My little boy is in preschool and its not like that, good job. Hayley