I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE July 4th. It rivals Christmas as my favorite holiday. Really, it does. I think part of why I love it so much, (aside from truly being thankful to live in such an amazing country and having a day to remember why I AM proud to be an American..thanks Lee Greenwood!) is because of the years and years of tradition on that day! Nothing too elaborate or extreme...parade, picnic at my parents house, (good food, catching up with my cousins, swimming in the canal, frisbee golf. horseshoes) and then of course our AMAZING fireworks! Ahh, I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
Here are a couple pictures of the Ghosts of 4th of July's past to go along with my new blog background. I hope it gets you all in the spirit of the 4th! And there will be a proper post of that days activities....I just had to get a head start!
And just so you know....Jenn and family.. You WILL be greatly missed. But I am thankful you are getting something really great for sacrificing this day! That goes for Doug & Rebekah too, and any of the other Peterson clan that's unable to come this year. We do welcome with excitement Amy & Noah, and the Turnbulls! And I HOPE Grandma and Grandpa Andrus make it too! Hint!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Getting that 4th of July Excitement!
Posted by Jill at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Okay, there are only a few of us that know EXACTLY what you mean when you describe how perfect we celebrate the fourth! Oh my gosh, I would give anything to be able to be there! I'm still hoping for that miracle ticket to come available! Love you Jill!
I love the new blog! It is so cute. What a fun entry to put "The Ghosts". I wish we had pictures with our early baseball game with the Petersons, Landons, and Turnbulls! We have always had so much fun and it will be so fun to be there this year. I'm excited. Love ya!
OH my gosh...first of all THe 4th is Doug's favorite holiday...seriously! ...and if I hadn't had the opportunity to experience an Idaho Falls 4th of July last year, I'd probably still not understand why...the 4th is SO FUN in Idaho Falls, we are gonna both miss it so much this year...but this is the last one we will EVER have to miss, because we will be living there by this time next year...I can't wait! love you and have fun!
love, Rebekah
AMEN! I love the 4th of July. I'm like a kid in a candy store- all wide eyed and mezmorized the whole day. It's not even close to as good out here as in Idaho, but after 6 years away, I'll be all the more greatful when we come back. Did you ever get to experience the Outback 4th? I did not like working, but it was a great view.
Thanks for saying you will miss us, because we will miss you guys so much. We will know exactly what you guys are doing all day long. I will miss everything about it. Next year though! Love you!
Your blog made me grin from ear to ear. Smells of New Sweden came rushing back to my nose. Your kids are adorable and it sounds like you're living the good life. Makes me happy to see.
Just a ghost saying hello...
Dan
The 4th of July is definitely one of my favorites as well. We are going camping this year, so I will miss all of the fun again (last year I was in the hospital with Kaleb), so you'll have to have some fun for us as well. :) I hope you have an awesome week.
Post a Comment