Thursday, January 17, 2008

Living the Simple Life

Wow, there have been lots of changes since my last entry. We had a wonderful, although all too quick Christmas with our little family. It would be the last one in our home on Genevieve. We started the move a couple of days after Christmas, (after a quick trip to Utah to spend literally 24 hours with Scott's family) and it was packing, more packing, cleaning and more packing! We made the move over about a weeks time with the help of a few friends and family. It was snowing like crazy the two main days we moved the big stuff. How thankful I am for a husband, dad and brothers who aren't wimps! They didn't complain once about moving everything. We moved into "The Little House) and started sleeping here January 1. It was a hard night. Pipes were frozen, there was no fuel in the furnace, (it got warmed up once we got some), and we are living in 3 rooms. Two bedrooms, one living room and a kitchen-the bathroom is in our bedroom...needless to say we are CROWDED! But, we are thankful to have a place to be until our house is finished. We didn't even have a land line phone until last night. I got re-connected to the internet (dial-up...it's SO SLOW!) but at least it's a connection. The laundry pipes are frozen again today...trying to thaw them out to do laundry. But, on the flip side, our house is nearing completion! The cabinets are in-tile is finishing up today and the hard wood floors are in. All that is left now is finish work...and the siding. We should be in sooner than later and we are thrilled. Can't wait actually! But, until then, here we are. All in one room, spending lots of quality time together. I don't think I can even attach any pictures at this slow a speed! I caught the kids the other day doing the greatest thing. Presley and I were in the "living room" and it got really quiet in the kids bedroom. I walked in to find the three of them, (parker, pacie and landon) sitting in a box in the dark watching a movie. They said they were at the drive-in. I loved it! So simple and so happy. I'm grateful for my blessings. I'm thankful for a wonderful family and know that as long as we have each other, we can live ANY kind of life.....

5 comments:

Parks Pack said...

Hey! O.K. The kids in a box at the drive-in movie -- those are the moments of motherhood that just melt me. I am sure they are so special to me because that was my childhood. Sitting in the car pretending to really be Air Supply in concert -- unbelievable. So excited to see pics of your new house. Sounds like it is near completion! So happy for you, Jill. Love you!!!

Devri said...

Hi Jill! i just found your blog! how adorable! i love the drive in idea, they are so creative! sounds like your house will be done even sooner than expected now! that is so awesome! i can't wait to see it! ~Devri

Froska said...

Jill, What a beautiful family. Wow time sure goes by fast. It seem like not too long ago we were working together at Outback. Crazy. We need to get together. Emily

Julie said...

I was glad to see your latest post...I was wondering how the move went. Your kids are so cute...loved the drive-in!

Krystal said...

Hey, I just wanted to say hi! It's real fun seeing you every week now. I am so excited for you guys to move into that new house, even though you'll never forget your memories of living in Granny Stoneberg's house :) Your family is so cute! LOVE YOU. KRYS