Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our first lost tooth!

Parker with her tooth fairy pillow(My first sewing project ever....but that's a story for another day!)



Well, after weeks and weeks of wiggling, prodding, wobbling, wishing and praying, Parker lost her first tooth! She has been waiting all school year watching her classmates teeth fall out left and right! So last night during American Idol, I did the nightly check of the loose teeth. She has four that are loose right now-so it was only a matter of time. I felt the one I thought would fall out first and then the one next to it...and let's just say it was ready! It was so loose that when she smiled at me, it stuck out at me at a horizontal angle instead of sitting vertically in her mouth like teeth should. So, me being the wuss that I am got her dad to pull it out. (I realized when I was teaching first grade a few years back that I was NOT cut out to be a tooth puller outer. It gives me the chills.) But, not Scott. He grabs a couple of Kleenexes and viola! The tooth is out! I screamed and then started crying. Just a little. I guess because that was one of the first teeth she grew as a baby. I looked at Presley-just growing those same teeth and it made me sad for a moment realizing that time goes by way too quickly. The tooth fairy brought her $1 during the night. She came running into our room just before 7:00 this morning (which really says something because I'm usually coaxing her out of bed at 10:00) really proud. So, I'm sure there will be more to follow fairly quickly, but for now-a little milestone in the Taft house.


Just after it came out. You can kinda see the hole, but I just loved the really proud grin!


I love the tired face! But I had to capture the moment early-before the excitement wore off!

8 comments:

Devri said...

Congrats Parker! You have such a cute smile with that little hole!!

Devri said...

p.s. you are a seamstress now too! I can't believe all the hidden talents!!

Carol said...

Ah bless her! I could never understand when I was a kid why my mum would get squeamish about me happily pulling my teeth out, just reading about Parker made me feel whoozy! I think that'll be another responsibility for Rob's list! But she does look so proud!! Well done on the sewing project!!

jessica said...

That is so darling! It was so fun to be included in that little part of your life- totally a milestone! I would have cried too. You are SUCH a darling mom- I just love reading your posts! love you Jill!

Parks Pack said...

YEAH SHE DID IT!! And, YOU did it too (that pillow turned out so cute). So cute that you wanted her to have a pillow like you had. The little circle of life is so true! With Parker losing and Presley gaining . . . unbelievable all of the triggers that we as mom's face. You are really a wonderful mom, Jill. Love you!

Julie said...

That was really funny...I hope she wasn't traumatized from the death scream before the tooth was pulled! (Totally something I would do!)

The Andrus Family said...

Jill- I'm glad to see that your not as trashy as the tooth fairy at our house! She always forgets and has to pay double! I can't believe how cute Presley is she is almost Landon's twin! The girls just keep getting cuter! Love ya! The Jazz season has come to an end! So SAD!!

Broadbent Family said...

That is so cute!! I love the pictures--so proud!! I also love your template! Your blog looks so darling.