Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Like mother like...son?

Okay, so the other day I noticed how many pairs of shoes were just laying around in random places around the house. I've always known Landon to wear multiple pairs of shoes, but never really paid much attention, until the other day. I decided to document by photos, just how many different pairs of shoes he wore that day. Note that none of these pictures were a set up or recreated in any way. As soon as I'd see him, I'd grab the camera.

1. Saying goodbye to Parker on the bus. (Parker's little slip on flats)
2. Around the house. (Pacie's tinkerbell shoes)


3. Bird watching at Mamie and Gramps. (Parks snow boots)


4. Ready to go outside and play. (This is the usual...not matching randomness! One tennis shoe (Pacie's) one slip on play shoe (also Pacie's)

5. Helping dad cook dinner ont he grill. Snow boots....


6. After dinner-has the matching tennis shoes on now...




7. Ready for bed. (Two of Mommy's shoes-one high heeled and one flat) This is Scott's least favorite, I must say!

(To be fair, he does wear Scott's sometimes too. I think his are just too big to walk around in.)
I am and always have been a shoe lover. It's one of Scott's biggest pet peeves about me! I just never knew that it would be my son that would take after me-my girls maybe, but my boy? I'm just a little disappointed I didn't get him wearing the girls church shoes on this day....they are his favorite! I think it's the noise they make on the wood floors and the cement outside. Ahh well, maybe another day. Then again, maybe he'll soon realize he's wearing girly shoes and will only want his own. I'm sure I'll miss this when that day finally comes!

6 comments:

Parks Pack said...

Jill -- This post made me soo happy. I laughed so hard. I can't believe those are all in one day. So cute and so fun that you captured it. I love the mismatched randomness. Hang on to those years and cherish them as you are. Cart, Can, and Elle are not random very much anymore, and I miss it. I love you. Thanks for the laugh.

Krystal said...

Jill- I really loved this post because I have seen it first hand! Even in just the time I was at your house he had on so many different shoes! He loved the girl's white church shoes the most!:) He is SO cute- he just makes me laugh so hard. (And I'm so glad you captured the pictures)! You're such a darling mom, and it's so much fun being able to see you each week! Love you, Krys

The Kraus House said...

Soo cute, I love it that it is him that loves the shoes. See you later today.

love nat

Carol said...

So funny!!! Maybe he's just envious cos boys shoes are so dull and boring in comparision to all the different and pretty types you can get for girls!

Jennifer Payne said...

Hey Jill! That is the cutest thing. I love when they do stuff like that. Landon looks so darling. We need to get together this week. Love you!

Devri said...

tha is so cute!! Cooper used to do that, but didn't have as many choices, he would have been in heaven with the selection at your house!!
And..those were the cutest little invites! Look at you all digi scrappin' and all!! Cooper keeps asking to play with your kiddos, hope we can make it he would love to see them!