Its so good to see your family all together. I just saw your blog on Courtney site. Hope you dont mind.:) Congrats on living next dorr to babysitters!! I am more jealous than you know!
"Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff." -Catherine M. Wallace-
Overheard
This past Sunday I was called to give the opening prayer. Right as the opening song was ending, Presley gave me an elbow to the ribs and said, "Mom! Make your move!"
The same Sunday, Pacie was solving a word puzzle. She first thought the missing word was "gift", but it didn't quite fit. She then changed it to "toye". I said, "What is that?" She quickly changed it to "toys" followed by, "Wow. I need to go back to school!" (8/5/12)
This morning Presley came and snuggled with me in bed. Here is our converstaion.
Me: "Presley, did you sleep well?"
Pres: "Yes mom, and I had a GREAT dream!"
Me: "What was your dream?"
Pres: "That Jesus loves me."
Talk about melt my heart! Sweet little girl. How I love the innocence of children. (2/1/12)
Parker, Pacie and I went on a fairly long bike ride. It was 7 miles...and when we were deciding the route, I told the girls it was the same one I ran a few weekends ago. Pacie's reply was, "If you can run it...I can ride it!". I told her I liked her attitude.
A few miles later-on mile 6, we were facing a pretty steep uphill. Pacie was having a hard time and was getting tired. I said, "pacie, do you remember the story of the Little Engine that Could?" Her reply was PRICELESS. "Mom, I'm not a little engine, I'm a little GIRL!". (7/13)
Parker pulled a Pacie this weekend. We were driving by the "Castle of Chaos" in Salt Lake City. The girls asked what it was and we said probably some type of Haunted House or something. Scott mentioned that he had even gone there before we were married. Parker said, "Well, that door says it's the tickling door. I'm NOT going in there for sure." Uh, upon closer inspection we realized it was actually the "ticketing" door....(5/1)
This morning we were in my bathroom getting ready for school. Piper had found a little paper fish and started chewing on it. Pacie looked over and said, "oh look, Piper is having sushi!". Parker and I thought that was pretty funny! (4/20)
Last night Pacie was really tired-falling asleep during scriptures. Scott told the kids we were going to tidy up before they went to bed. Pacie started to complain a bit about how tired she was when Landon said, "I will do Pacie's work, so she can go to bed." It's not funny-but I thought I had to document it....so we can remember that he stepped up to be the "big" brother for his sis. Sweet. (4/18)
Tonight Pacie told me she learned a new word. Sublimation. Uh-apparently it's when something goes from a solid to a gas. Then Parker chimed in and said she learned hypothesis. I'm glad they are listening! (2/25)
Today the doorbell rang and Presley ran to get it. She opened it and I heard Scott say, "Boo!". She said, exasperated, "Daddy, I thought you were a customer!" (2/25)
While updating the blog today I was writing about Scotland. Landon was reading over my shoulder and said, "mom you were in Scotland?" I said I was and his reply was, "Well did Daddy go to Jill-land?" I laughed out loud for more than a minute. So cute. (2/17)
We were at a hotel in Utah last weekend for the girls dance competition. We were having breakfast there in the morning and they had tiny poppyseed muffins. When Presley saw them, she said, "Yes, mommy. I want one of those polka-dot muffins". (2/12)
Yesterday I was curling Presley's hair. I took the curling iron out leaving a ringlet. Presley got very excited saying, "Yes, yes, I want my hair like that. Like bouncy do's." (2/8)
We have a series of DVD's called Signing Time that teaches little children early signing. There is a song on it called, "Proud to be Me", and it talks about being proud to be a boy or a girl. Well, I heard Presley's version the other day while driving. "I'm a girl, I'm a girl, I'm proud to be naughty." Oh dear. When correcting her and telling her it's "proud to be me", she now sings, "I'm proud to be mean, yeah". (2/2)
Today while we were driving Landon said, "Mom, I know who I am going to marry.". I said, "You do?" He said yes and then proceeded to give the following details...
1-She has long blonde hair.
2-She lives in Blackfoot.
3-I see her all of the time.
4- We are getting married in the Idaho temple.
I was very confused because we don't know anyone in Blackfoot. I was wondering if he'd had some type of revelation...or something! Anyway, I said, "Who is it Landon?" His answer: Ryan. (Rachel's daughter).
I said, "Landon, you can't marry her. She's your cousin." His reply, "But Mom, she's my Best Friend!"
Oh-and Ryan lives in Logan too. Hyrum actually. Not even close to Blackfoot. :) (11/30)
Landon isn't feeling good tonight. He just came into the office and started climbing up on my lap. I said, "Do you just need to snuggle?" He said, "Yes Mommy. You are just so comfortable." Aw, melt my heart little man. (11/9)
While driving home from piano, the girls were enjoying a frozen yogurt in the back seat. I said, "Boy, it sure is quiet in here!" There was a slight pause, and then Pacie said, "Yes. It is very tranquil." Really? Tranquil, eh? (9/29)
Today at Maverik a little tumbleweed blew through the parking lot. Pacie said, "Mom, it's one of those things you see in the wild wild west!" (9/24)
Tonight Landon and Presley were both in Landon's room playing some game that had them laughing and giggling. Parker walked in and said, "Well you two are obviously up to no good.". I thought to myself....and you're just now figuring this out?? I love my kids! (9/22)
The other night we were driving by my Uncle Barry's house. He and Sue watched Landon and Presley for us one night and they had a wonderful time. As we drove by their house, Landon said, "Oh, I played there!" I said, "Where, Landon?" and he thoughfully said, "You know, Grapes's house!" Me, confused, "Grapes's house?" Then it clicked. Barry-Grapes. Read BERRY, Grapes. I laughed out loud. funny funny boy. (9/1)
Tonight Pacie picked an apple off of my uncle's apple tree. It was a tiny green sour one. She took a bite and said, "Oh, this is delicious! I can feel myself getting healthy!". (8/25)
Last night Landon was chosen first to pick a song for FHE. He went and stood in front of the fireplace-the designated spot for the song leader and we said, "What song do you want to sing?" He thought for a moment, and then answered with, "Hey Soul Sister". ;) (7/12)
Pacie has been very interested in this pregnancy asking several pointed questions to this time. We've had some good conversation. Yesterday while getting her hair cut she asked me, "Mom, is our baby going to have white skin or black skin?". I almost choked. I explained that since daddy and I both have white skin, our baby will have white skin too. And if she doesn't....well I think I may have some serious explaining to do. (3/25)
Tonight Pacie was carrying a new Scentsy warmer down to her and Parker's bedroom down the stairs. The top part was rattling a little bit and I said, "Parker, come grab the top for Pacie." Pacie turned and looked at me and said, "Mom, you just stole my mind!" Love it. (3/11)
Landon calls spaghetti, "ska-betty". No matter how many times he tries to say it-and he knows it's not right...it comes out, "skabetty". So cute.
We were at Wal-mart the other day and Landon blurted out..."MOM! That grandma had really broken teeth. Like Pacie". Too funny. And a little sad for the grandma. (1/8)
The kids sang with the primary in the Christmas program yesterday at church. Upon hearing Landon sing "Christmas Bells", I realized I must record how he says Bethlehem. It is:
Beth-of-hem". But to see his little mouth say it is the best. He always has been such a little singer. Love it. (12/21)
Yesterday, Landon wanted a yogurt for breakfast. He picked out a blackberry flavor and I opened it for him. He was so excited and said, "mommy! I got purple berry pie!!" I don't know where he came up with that flavor, but Presley's raspberry flavor became "pink berry pie." I love this little boy of mine. (12/10)
After a function tonight the kids had a visit from Santa where they were given a candy cane. Landon was so excited to have seen Santa and was anxious to dig into his little treat. We got into the car and he took the first few licks. Pretty soon, we hear, (In a very disgusted voice)
"Great, Santa gave me this. And now, it's HOT!"
Needless to say, he didn't finish his candy cane. (12/5)
Tonight at dinner Landon asked for a piece of pumpkin pie which was meant to be for my preschool class the following day. I said no and his reply was, "Excuse me? Are you telling me no?"
Yes, son. I am.
Lately, Landon has been obsessed with who is his cousin/brother/friend etc. We were in his room and he pointed to Woody from Toy Story on the floor and said, "Mom. That's Woody. He's my cousin.". I looked at him with a look that said, "Are you kidding me?" And his comeback was a very sheepish, "He's not my cousin. Ryan is my cousin. He's my friend."
Today I had taken all of Landon's bedding off to wash it. He walked into the bathroom and said in a very worried tone, "Mommy! My bed is naked!!" (10/10)
Today I was doing Landon's hair and when I finished he went out of the bathroom and said, "Princess, I am finished. Princess, where are you?" talking to Presley. Then when he found her he said, "Princess, do you want to dance?" (10/6)
Tonight Landon came in and said, "Mommy, I'm afraid. I am afraid of high heels!". He was DEAD serious. I have no idea where it came from, but it made me laugh!! (10/1)
Today I was putting Landon in the tub. I added some bubbles, and he said, (quietly) "Oh bubbles. I'm so glad you're back."
20 lbs, 7 oz. (40th %) 30 inches Long (80th %) 99th% Head size....(thank her dad for her long torso and her head!)
My First Bloggy Award
Thanks, Claire! You made my day.
Sleeping Beauty!
Parker took this of Pacie as she snuck in her own Sunday nap!
Crazy Hair Day!
Crazy Hair Day
Back view of the girls hair!
Overheard
Parker was telling Pacie something and for some unknown reason called her "Dude."
I said, "Parker, don't call Pacie dude."
Pacie: "Yeah, Parker. Just call me Princess."
Overheard this morning...
Pacie: "Mom, you got some more hairspray?" Me: "Yes." Pacie: "Okay, good, because if you didn't, that would be unconscious." Me: "Do you know what unconscious means?" Pacie: (Sheepishly) "NO."
Parker as she was reading the hot lunch menu. "Chef Salad or chicken sandwich, tator tots, FRUIT COOKLE? I don't even know what FRUIT COOKLE IS?!" Me: "Honey, it's fruit cocktail." Parker: "Oh, well I don't know what THAT is EITHER!"
Chocolate Lover!
Pacie the brown beard after enjoying a Reed's Dairy Ice Cream Cone
I am a busy mom with five amazing kids. I teach preschool and am the office manager of Infinity Dance Studio. I cook, clean, and generally keep my house in order. I have a best friend, who happens also to be my husband. Life is good.
2 comments:
Its so good to see your family all together. I just saw your blog on Courtney site. Hope you dont mind.:) Congrats on living next dorr to babysitters!! I am more jealous than you know!
Post a Comment