I am saddened to say that Scott's grandma, Madge Ekker passed away early this morning at the age of 94. She lived a long, hard-working, farmers life. She grew up and lived her life in Torrey, Utah. Scott's dad, Bill, is her only child. We felt fortunate to be able to spend a little more time with her over the past few months while she was living with Bill and Linda. She collected dolls and has a room at her house fully dedicated to them. She also crocheted beautiful table cloths that we will treasure. She loved babies and animals. Her favorite was a horse, (Tony) that she once told me talked just like Mr. Ed. They had t-shirts made up with his picture on and everything! She said they should've taken him to Hollywood and gotten rich! How grateful we are for the knowledge of eternal families and of the resurrection. Although Pacie was scared to death of her, (I think it was the turban...Scott's only seen her once without it) we will all greatly miss her, but are also grateful that she is not in pain and has been reunited with her loved ones. We love you, Grandma.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm sorry that she died. That is really hard. Matt's grandma is 95 and still going strong. Sadie is also terrified of her, so I bet she can relate with Pacie! I find out what I am having on Tuesday, so I will post it then. I am still on my nausea medication or I would still be so sick. Other then that I feel good, hormonal, but good. Love and miss you!
Jenn
Hey I just thought I would say hi! I was blog surfing and found your blog. Little did I know the link was on Emily A's all along. Your family is so cute. Tell Rachel she needs a blog! Stop by my blog sometime.
hunterfamily3dboys.blogspot.com
Stefanie (Olson) Hunter
Post a Comment