It starts with an obsession. An obsession of earrings. I'm sure I've talked in the past about my daughter's obsessions with earrings. Desperation even. To the point of wearing Mr. Potato head earrings, fashioning self made earrings out of pipe cleaners, stickers, paper and tape, anything really to look like a pair of earrings.
In trying to decide when a proper age was for this event to take place, I decided to take a page out of my childhood. I had to earn straight A's in third grade and the reward for that 9 months of hard work was to get my ears pierced. We decided that if it was good enough for me, it was good enough for our girls.
Fast forward to this year. Parker striving for straight A's. We knew it wouldn't be an issue. She is a great student. But I wasn't prepared for how fast the year would go by.
Here is the photographic journey of Parker getting her ears pierced. A rite of passage in any girl's life.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
A rite of Passage...
Evidence-The report card.
And closer up-you can see, all three trimesters...A's on everything!Taking her spot in the chair-nerves setting in!
Pacie was there to offer moral support. As jealous as she was that Parker was getting it done-she was also there to lend a comforting hand-just the way it should be with sisters.
The "piercer" offered her the teddy bear to squeeze. Presley thought that was pretty cool.
Piper, quite oblivious to the situation was entertaining herself with straps from the stroller.
This was also the first day she sported back pony tails...you can barely see them here below. I think she may be offering up a little prayer for Parker's sake...;)
First earring is loaded and ready to click....
One down-one to go! (I missed the initial reaction which was a big "O" mouth and an "ouch!"
Second ear? DONE!
This is my FAVORITE picture of the bunch. This was her reaction on first seeing her ears for the first time. I would say that she was thrilled. She earned it!!
Showing the left side....
Now the right....
So proud of my beautiful daughter!!
Matt and Ashley met us at the mall to be a part of her special experience. So true!!
Parker, we are so proud of you for your achievement. You are such a good girl and we love you more than you'll ever ever know. Congratulations on this rite of passage!!
Posted by Jill at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
As soon as my studs were out, i wore a pair of parrot dangly earrings. They were 2 inches long. Please make sure Parker has cute (and petite) earrings to wear when her studs can come out. For her sake.. ;)
Your kids are so cute! I'm glad that Parker was able to get her ears pierced. She is so cute!! I'm sure she will love it!
How fun... I love having my ears pierced! Tell Parker "HI" from me and great job on getting straight A's! I am sad I won't be able to see her next year when I go in to visit Mrs. Bailey!
Post a Comment